WHEN TO UPGRADE YOUR MAIN CAPS
The stock main caps are cast and lack the rigidity required for a reliable high power build. We recommend upgrading to a set of IE Billet Main Caps when building a performance engine exceeding 500HP. These VW/Audi 4 cylinder main caps are CNC machined in house to exacting tolerances for an easy fitting process. They provide extreme rigidity to the main bearing and crankshaft, which is a necessity for high horsepower engines.
- Replaces factory cast main caps
- Reduces main bearing wear
- In-house CNC machined
- Manufactured in USA
- Stable crankshaft platform
- Perfect for short block reliability
REQUIRES MACHINE WORK
IE Billet Main Caps are machined to fit many VW/Audi 4 cylinder engine blocks. However, for precise fitment they will require a line bore and hone by a certified machine shop. Be sure to check that your machine shop can perform an align bore and hone on the mains before ordering. The main caps will need to be align bore and honed using the main bolts or studs of your choice, be sure to supply your machine shop with this hardware as well for proper fitment. Main journal housing bore size: 2.3228"-2.3236".
ENGINE APPLICATION GUIDE
- VW & Audi 1.8T 20V Engines
- VW & Audi 2.0T FSI Engines (EA113 timing belt engines only)
- Fits pre-2006 VW 2.0L, 1.8T, G60, 16V and 8V 4 cylinder engines. Does not fit late 2006+ EA888 Gen 1/2/3 timing chain engines