Perfectly designed to fit the B9 SQ5 equipped with 3.0 TFSI EA839 engine, this Unitronic Intercooler Upgrade Kit is a direct OEM replacement kit featuring an over-sized 21.65” x 16.61” x 2.52” bar and plate intercooler core made from cast aluminum core and end tanks, proprietary internal fin and louver configuration, and a TIG welded construction.
Unitronic's Intercooler Upgrade Kit will resist heat-soak and provide optimal and efficient cooling in any driving condition.
- Highly efficient bar & plate intercooler core
- Drastically reduces charge air temperature for cooler, more dense air
- Significantly more resistant to heat-soak
- 79% more volume than OEM (Unitronic Core Dimensions: 21.65” x 16.61” x 2.52” / 550.0mm x 421.9mm x 64.0mm)
- Cast Aluminum core and end tanks
- Direct OEM replacement; no bumper, radiator support, or other trimming required
- Unitronic Direct Fit Intercooler Core for the B9 SQ5 equipped with 3.0 TFSI EA839 engines.
- All required hardware.
- Stage 1
- Stage 1+
At Unitronic, development begins with setting the objectives; performance, efficiency, aesthetics and quality. Operations start with 3D scanning the 3.0 TFSI EA839 engine bay and OEM components with its in-house 3D scanner. Once 3D scan data has been collected and processed, Unitronic Hardware Engineers then interact with the 3D models to identify fitment constraints, mounting locations, other component locations, etc. to ensure the final product fits perfectly within the “envelope”.
Design and Engineering begins with the evolution of the design in meeting the objectives. Criteria from a top level is first met with the platform's design constraints; breaking it down to the details in optimizing the design. With upfront engineering fluid dynamics (EFD), Unitronic is able to hone in and refine the areas that are most effective in meeting those objectives.
With the ability to perform different iterations from design changes we are also able to accurately predict performance on how the design will perform. Above is a predictive simulation plot operating within the same conditions it was tested in. Results illustrate and validate the actual data collected.